Home » Cruises » New Cruise Line-up From Winter 2014

New Cruise Line-up From Winter 2014

When it comes to cruising in the Caribbean and Central America, our line-up is head and shoulders above the rest. We’re talking new ports of call, hotter-than-ever itineraries, and original themed cruises. Here’s a run-down of what’s in store…

New destinations

If you fancy swapping mulled wine for Caribbean rum next winter, how about setting sail for sizzling new destinations like secluded San Blas in Panama (pictured below) or sun-baked Puerto Limon in Costa Rica? If it’s ancient ruins that float your boat, head to Belize City, home to age-old Mayan artefacts. Or if you’re captivated by underwater life, the island of Roatan in the Honduras is ringed by a coral reef hiding shipwrecks, coral gardens and a colour-burst of sea creatures.

Other new destinations include Cozumel Island, Costa Maya, and Playa del Carmen (pictured below) in Mexico, Colon in Panama, La Romana in the Dominican Republic, Falmouth in Jamaica, and Cartagena in Colombia.

Themed sailings

If you’re a fan of music and the open seas, our music-themed transatlantic cruises will have you singing with joy. Our Big Band Cruise features live music, jam sessions and events inspired by the age of jazz and swing, all topped off with a decadent masked ball. For those who prefer to strut their funky stuff, the Soul and Motown Cruise will have you crossing the ocean to a soundtrack of Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross and the Jackson Five.

Overnight in Havana

Our Cuban Fusion itinerary will have you sinking mojitos and salsa dancing until dawn, as it stops over in Havana for a night. Sailing from Montego Bay in Jamaica, you’ll also tick off Playa del Carmen in Mexico and Georgetown in Grand Cayman.

Caribbean choice

Thomson Dream and Thomson Celebration are pairing up to give you a double dose of options for cruising the Caribbean. Set sail from Jamaica on Thomson Dream or depart from Barbados on Thomson Celebration.

Get more details on all our Thomson Cruises.

You May Also Like

156 Responses to “New Cruise Line-up From Winter 2014”

1. Nigel Bond

I think you may need to get out of the Caribbean. They are not what is now expected in terms if service. You can only go so far with great sea and beaches.

2. Mrs Jill Loader

Marianne, at the Weymouth branch told me that as soon as she saw the itinerary for these cruises she thought about us. We went to the Caribbean, on the Thomson Destiny a few years age and enjoyed it so much I wrote a poem about it when I got home and I gave her a copy.

3. Mr C Lawman

I am so happy that Thomson are spreading out to other country’s/ports as we have traveled to must of the others in the last 4 and a half years of our retirement. Looking forward to many more cruises. Thank you.

4. Marc & Deborah Lemin

Myself ,wife and 8 other persons went to the Caribbean in 2011 for 15 nights and haven’t stopped thinking about it since. Fantastic ship, staff, food, accommodation, entertainment was exceptional. The size of the ship was just right for the attentive staff. Trying our best now to save to return again to a most memorable holiday ever.
    Anyone whoever poo-poo’s cruises need to open their minds to a great experience of a lifetime.
    Thank you Thompson Dream for making our dreams come true!
    Kind regards
    Marc and Deborah
    Ps.”Carry on Cruising”!

5. Sheila Mills

Going next week on cruise to Caribbean hope to have another wonderful cruise with thomson.

• James @Thomson

We’re sure you will Sheila! Please feel free to share a photo with us on our new Thomson Cruises Facebook page, when you return.

• Sheila Mills

Will do hope you have got my other comments as my facebook account has a problem.

6. isabel shewan

we have sailed with Thomsons for the last five years and it gets better all the time, we are looking for next years cruise, but we are governed by school holidays as I work at a school but we will keep looking preferably all inclusive,
    Thanks

7. christine lloyd

we sailed on Thomson majesty in September for our 50th wedding anniversary we went round the Adriatic ,the ship the crew and the food was second to none, The people we met and the entertainment was really great ,It was a good cruise but the weather was wet so we made the best of what was going on on the ,Ship the cruise manager did a good job thanks Chris Lloyd

8. Jack Mainland

I don’t think I am stupid, so I am annoyed that I couldn’t find details of your new cruise in 2014 to visit Panama etc, which was the subject of your promotional email to me today.

• Dan @Thomson

Hi June, We have our Pride of Panama itinerary on Thomson Dream which is as follows: Montego Bay, Ship At Sea, Cartagena, San Blas, Colon, Puerto Limon, Ship At Sea and Montego Bay. This can also be booked as a 14 night back-to-back cruise with our Cuban Fusion cruise.

9. des@val fowler

great to see the new ports of call, just back from the med on celebration everything was a1 really looked after, such a happy crew.
    did our first cruise last dec (transatlantic crossing ) to the caribbean on the dream and looking forward to going back on her in 10 days time for a return trip which is a wk longer and calling at some really nice ports. well done thomson.

• Elaine @Thomson

Thanks for the lovely feedback Des. I hope that you enjoy your next cruise with us.

10. Tony Green

Hi
    Can you tell me if you are returning to the red sea march 2015
    Tony Green

• James @Thomson

Hi Tony, It’s a little too far in the future for us to make any suggestions at this time. Normally all will be revealed from May 2014, when we have our 2015 launch.

• Dan @Thomson

Hi Tony, Sorry for the confusion, our short and midhaul cruises for next Winter will be on sale next month and not in May next year.

11. Christine

I prefer European cruises as I hate long air flights. I’d love to see some new destinations in Europe!

12. Rosella Young

The new destinations look great. We did two weeks on the Dream in the Caribbean in March and had a great time. We flew from Glasgow. Will you be flying from Glasgow?

• Dan @Thomson

Hi Rosella, Unfortunately we don’t have any flights from Glasgow to either Montego Bay or Barbados for Winter 201415. Your nearest airport will be Manchester for these flights.

• Joe Gardiner

That is an utter disgrace, going to Manchester adds £200 in fuel hotel etc. plus adds 2 days on to the holiday. I have only ever done Thomson cruises 12 i think and going on Spirit in few weeks but it’s time to go elsewhere

• Leanne @Thomson

Hi Joe, It’s a shame that you’re unhappy with the current flight availability for the new Cruises. I’ll pass on your feedback.

• Irene Caldwell

Like several others I too have sailed on several Thomson cruises before, all leaving from Glasgow and so am also disappointed to hear I can only fly from Manchester for Dream Caribbean cruise 2015. I realise direct flights from Glasgow to Jamaica are probably not possible, but why not a free coach as we got this in October to Harwich to go on the Spirit?

13. Andy Varnom

Like the Motown themed cruise but it is a shame it is only on the longer trans-atlantic cruises. Can you consider doing them on the seven day cruises, please.

• Dan @Thomson

Hi Andy, Thanks for your post and we’ll pass this feedback on to the Cruise Team. Currently these are on our transatlantic cruises due to the long stretch at sea on the way over to the Caribbean.

14. David Gauton

Can someone explain why I have just tried to book on the dream 6 jan 15 and they show a price for the 14nts at £3126 with baggage up grade for 2 people BUT if I upgrade to the drinks package showing at £280 for the party the cost jumps to £3922 When I went to school £3126 + £280 =£3406

• Linda gauton

Email sent to “Thomson cares” as requested, which is a joke as we like many others just got the stock line that the price had gone up. Hello, we already knew that, what we wanted was an explanation as to why and for a major company to honour it’s advertised price.

15. Mrs Dando

just tried to book the Cuban fusions Mayan treasures cruise leaving on the 13th Jan 2015. Got to the booking page to see a message saying the price had gone up by £516. This is the second time this has happened to us in the last few months Thomson you are about to lose two very good loyal customers. I think, as I am prepared to book this early a deal is a deal. The price only changes on the booking page and wipes out nearly all the discounts. What a cheat!!

16. Sharon

I’ve just tried to book a two week cruise on 27th january 2015 from East Midlands (the itinerary being pride of panama/cuban fusion) that includes the drinks package and 20 kgs of luggage. The final total was £3394 and then when I went to pay the total increased to £3910. Surely this is not correct??

17. fred ovington

Hi Folks, Just like to say, thoughts are with Filipino crew members in light of current situation for them at home. We know quite a few of them as friends now. Best wishes to all. Fred.

18. Susan Dixon

We cruised on the dream last year and are thinking of doing it again December 2013., or January 2015. Are there any offers on for that time period or do you offer a free upgrade or Past Guest discount or maybe a reduction in the very expensive drinks package, being only 2 persons and not big drinkers, price is extremely high. Not wanting to end on a bad note, we had a fantastic cruise and all your staff are brilliant! Would recommend this cruise 100% Thank you!

• Dan @Thomson

Hi Susan, Our Winter 2014/15 cruises have gone on sale and we have got some early booking offers, please check out our Thomson Cruise website.

• Susan Dixon

Hi Dan Thank you for reply and info that 2014/15 cruises had gone on sale checked out the website as soon as read reply. Found a cruise only for 15th on the dream. However when tried to book, page throw a wobbler? Eventually managed to get back into the site, to book cruise only Dec 15th 2013, (will be in Barbados at that time) no matter what I try unable to book this! I enter dates then go Where are you going now given 2 ship options and 2 destination options Caribbean & Central America, then a message “Sorry, we couldn’t find any cruises to match your requirements” It was there 10 mins Previously! Aware you have added a new ship and new itinerary options but the cruise I required has vanished!

• Dan @Thomson

Hi Susan, I’ve had a look into this and can go through the booking process online for both 7 and 14 night cruise only holidays. You may need to clear any cookies or try a different browser. However if you’re trying early in the morning then our systems go down for nightly maintenance between around 1am-6am. If you try during the day then this should work.

• Maureen

Hi Dan, I have already booked a Cruise to the Caribbean for April 2015, I booked in November 2013 when they came out to get the “early booking offers” I have since seen this cruise on sale at £400 cheaper. Just doesn’t seem fair to your loyal customers.

19. Peter Littlewood

I’m looking to take my 3 children, their partners and 5 grandchildren on the Dream in february 2015. These new itineraries look great. Including ourselves that is 13 people in 4 outside plus cabins. However, you are offering no group discounts on these itineraries. You are also asking a ridiculously large price for your drinks package. Fred Olsen’s drinks package is £10 per night (£140 for two weeks). This is the 6th time I have taken them on your ships. How about a loyalty bonus or loyalty club? I’m interested in your response.

• Dan @Thomson

Hi Peter, Have you spoken to our Cruise Team as they can sometimes offer discounts on group bookings. We do appreciate customer loyalty and will be in touch when this is available to you.

• Peter Littlewood

The travel agents tell me that you are not offering group discounts on these cruises even though you do on all others, why?
        What are you thinking about when calculating the cost of drinks packages?

• Dan @Thomson

Hi Peter, We do offer commercially appropriate discounts for groups, however there are times where these may not be applicable.

20. trish

went to book 2015 cruise today when checking the price we were told that a mistake had been made with the drinks package price it had gone up from 280 per couple to nearly 800 we were very annoyed by this if we had booked a few hours before we would have been given this deal

• Leanne @Thomson

Hi Trish, As per our terms and conditions, after you’ve booked we have the right to rectify any pricing issues and request more money. So if you had booked yesterday we may have still invoiced you for today’s correct price.

21. DEAN WALTERS

A BIG THANK YOU TO CHLOE AT THE YOUR SKEGNESS BRANCH WHO RANG ME YESTERDAY AS PROMISED TO TELL ME ABOUT YOUR 2015 CRUISES THAT HAD JUST COME OUT. AFTER LOOKING AT THE ITINNERY ON THE INTERNET I RANG BACK TODAY AND BOOKED AN ALL INCLUSIVE BARBADOS TO TENERIFE MOWTOWN CRUISE AT A FANTASTIC WEB PRICE .AGAIN MY THANKS TO CHOLE.

• Leanne @Thomson

Hi Dean, That’s great to here. I’ve sent a copy of this comment to the Skegness shop so Chloe can be acknowledged for her hard work.

22. Mrs Gore

Hello can I please mention Annie in your Speke Retail Store. Annie gave me a call yesterday to tell me about your new cruises on sale to the caribbean. Annie was not pushy in anyway and sorted a lovely cruise out for my husband for 18 nights on the dream in 2015. She managed to get me a fabulous price and was so helpful. Can I please say thank you. It is nice to talk to someone who has your interests at heart and not pushy. Annie should get employer of the month for her customer services approach. She has my vote anyway. We are going to have a lovely 25th anniversary aboard the dream thank you Annie x

• Jonathan S @ Thomson

Hi Mrs Gore, Thanks for your lovely comments. I’ve sent this over to Annie for her to read. I’m sure she’ll be really pleased to read your kind words.

23. silvana reid

just back from delights of the promised land on majesty.Had a ball,as we always do.Great to here the new ports of call in Caribbean for 14/15.That would tick a few off my bucket list.Thomson really need to look at introducing a loyalty scheme or recognizing returning customers.This is No6 for us in 3 years not to mention beach holidays,most people we speak to on cruises say the same.Come on thomson ,theres too much competition out there and more companies now introducing all inclusive,where everything IS included.Hope to sail with you again soon.

• Samantha @Thomson

Hi Silvana, It’s great to hear you had such a brilliant holiday onboard Thomson Majesty. We like to offer our customers an individual and personalised service, which is why we don’t have a standardised loyalty club available to everyone. Instead, we prefer to provide thoughtful gestures to our returning customers who book with us as a ‘little thank you’ for travelling with us again. We’ve also designed an email programme to advise our most loyal customers of our new itineraries before they go on general sale, as well as offering exclusive discounts. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I’ll ensure your comments are passed on to our Cruise Team.

• Linda gauton

How many cruises does one have to do to receive a thoughtful gesture from Thomsons . My husband and I have sailed 6 times since 2010 on the dream and have received nothing at all even when it was our 25th anniversary on our last cruise we received nothing. Add to that our disappointment as like the previous comment we also missed out on the £280 A I for January 2015. Looks like Thomsons are trying to drive its loyal cruisers to other cruise lines

24. Stuart Blackburn

We’ve booked a cruise and stay with you in April 2014, Barbados and Caribbean cruise. Just one question will you be operating the 787 “dreamliner” out of Manchester to Barbados on this route? If so when will we be able to book specific seats?

Many thanks

Stuart

• Stefan @Thomson

Hi Stuart, If you could email us at cares@thomson.co.uk with your booking reference then I’ll be able to look into what aircraft you’ll be on. Look forward to it.

• Kelly Hibbett

Be very wary of booking specific seats with Thomson. We booked specific premium seats on a Dreamliner from Mexico (the front row, window seats) and ended up sitting apart in the centre section at the rear of the premium cabin! The upgrade cost us literally hundreds of pounds extra but apparently to take our money then seat us wherever they like is quite acceptable!!! This happened to 2 other couples on our flight. Be very careful before parting with your hard earned cash!

• Dan @Thomson

Hi Kelly, I’m sorry to hear you didn’t receive your selected seat numbers. Did you speak to the check in staff or our After Travel team about this on your return?

• Kelly Hibbett

Hi Dan -yes we spoke to Thomson staff at both airports, officially logged a complaint at Cancun, and contacted the after travel team when we returned. After a very lengthy wait they responded with something to the effect of ‘these things happen’. We challenged this further, quoting their terms and conditions, and explained why we felt they were in breach of this and just a few days ago received a reply saying they had ‘taken the feedback on board, and sorry they couldn’t be more helpful’.
        What a waste of time! We are (were) regular travellers with Thomson and are absolutely disgusted with the complete lack of customer care. Anyone who is booking specific premium seating should be VERY wary… In my opinion it’s basically theft to take money for a service, then refuse to honour it! We are appalled!!!