To celebrate Cruise Month, this September, we’re putting you to the test to see how well you know your cruises. Plus, scroll down to see how you could win an eight-night All Inclusive cruise for two. Think you’re a bit of a Captain Clever Clogs? Then grab your pen and paper. If you know a thing or two about cruising, we’re sure you’ll sail through this quiz in no time.
Psst, if you need a clue, take a look at our website. We’ve hidden some handy hints throughout, too.
1. Which of our ships has a whopping 10 restaurants and 10 bars?
2. Where does our Tropical Delights itinerary begin?
3. If you were at the top of an onboard climbing wall, which ship would you be on?
4. For those who’d prefer to see the world direct from the UK, we offer itineraries that depart from the UK, but from which two ports?
5. We know you love to try new things. So we put on a range of different activities to keep you entertained while you’re at sea. But, on which of our ships could you learn how to play the ukulele?
7. Which of our ships won the 2016 prize of Best New Ship at the Cruise Critic UK Editors’ Pick Awards?
8. Thanks to popular demand, which of our ships (that was due to sail for the last time in November) will now be sailing up until October 2018?
9. Entertainment standards on our cruise ships are sky high. One of our ships even has a two-storey show lounge. But, which one is it?
10. True or False? Our Colourful Coasts itinerary lets you tick off Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Madeira and Morocco.
Annnd, pens down. Now, scroll down and take a look below to see how you did.
Time for the answers:
1. Explorer – Our biggest ship yet has our biggest choice of places to eat and drink. Whether it’s Tapas @ the Mediterranean or the Surf & Turf Steakhouse, you definitely won’t go hungry.
2. Bridgetown, Barbados – This seven-night itinerary begins in beautiful Barbados, and takes you to Aruba, Bonaire, and St Lucia to name a few places…
3. Discovery & Discovery 2– This duo of ships both boast a 30 foot-high climbing wall that’ll leave you feeling on top of the world. Unless you don’t like heights, that is.
4. Newcastle and Southampton – That’s right. If you’re not a fan of flying you can get onboard from dry land and head off to exciting destinations like Iceland, Belgium, and Germany.
5. Discovery & Discovery 2 – These new classes cost £35 per person, and you’ll get to keep the ukulele as a great souvenir.
6. Kora La – This contemporary restaurant serves up tongue-tickling dishes like Kashmiri chicken, Indonesian beef rendang curry, and spicy king prawns.
7. Discovery – We’re proud to say that, thanks to our climbing wall and outdoor cinema – which are a first for a UK cruise line – we scooped first prize.
8. Spirit – Want to be one of the last people to sail on Spirit? Click here to find a deal.
9. Dream – The ship comes to life every night in the Broadway Show Lounge, with everything from West End-style musicals to classic songs from the Eighties.
10. True – Colourful Coasts is actually one of our top 5 itineraries, along with Spanish Sunsets and Iberian Delights.
Tot up your scores, how did you do?
1-3 correct answers – Hmm, seems like you’re more into your dinghys than your cruises. You could do with swotting up. Take a look at our website to learn more about our ships and our cruise destinations.
4-6 correct answers – Nearly there, there’s just not enough wind in your sails. Maybe you need a holiday to get you back on track? How about a cruise?
7-9 correct answers – Oh, you just missed the boat. You seem to know a lot about the way we do things, and that’s great. Why not head over to our deals page to see where we could take you next.
10 out of 10 – Well done. You’ve taken to this quiz like a ship to water.