Q: What’s better than a cruise that ticks off Amsterdam, Bruges and Cherbourg?
A: A FREE cruise.
Interested? We’re offering up the chance to one lucky reader to win a cruise by simply posting a picture of your perfect cruise on Instagram (have a peek at the competition while you’re there). It might a pic of you sipping a cocktail on top deck. It could a snap of a luxurious breakfast – we’re not picky. In fact, you don’t have to be in it and it doesn’t even have to be taken on one of our ships (you can find out the full terms and conditions below).
To enter and have a chance of bagging a free pass on the European Experience on a Marella Discovery cruise, get over to our Instagram page. Pick your best snap, tag it with the hashtag #MarellaByU and cross your fingers when we make the grand draw in May and choose the lucky winner. It’s not just you who’ll get lucky, either. The prize is for two people, so you can bring a friend or partner along for the sail.
The cruise itself is pretty special. Leave behind Southampton and wake up in the maritime harbour of Bremerhaven. Witness the impact of the Second World War on the town, or try out the futuristic museum that showcases scaled down versions of the Burj Kahleifa.
You’ll spend the next few days winding up and down Amsterdam’s pretty canals and getting your fill of clogs, cheese and windmills in the Netherland’s capital city. Make sure you leave some room for sweet stuff – next stop is Bruges and it’s filled with chocolate shops, as well as cobbled streets and Medieval monuments.
Last but not least, you’ll dock up in France, visiting contemporary Le Havre and its colour-popping harbour, as well as Cherbourg and its line-up of Renaissance houses, before heading back to Southampton.
Fancy this week-long sailing?
Head over to our Instagram account and take a peek at some of the entries so far. Here are some pics for inspiration below – we look forward to seeing yours too!
#MarellaByU Competition – Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before entering the competition. By entering you indicate that you accept these terms and conditions and you agree to be bound by them.
1. Promoter’s Details: Marella Cruises is a trading name of TUI UK Limited (the “Promoter”), a member of TUI Group. Registered office: Wigmore House, Wigmore Lane, Luton, LU2 9TN. Registered in England No: 2830117.
2. Eligibility: This competition is open to anyone resident in the UK or the Channel Islands, who is eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees and immediate family (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners) of the Promoter or its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible to enter this competition.
3. How to Enter: Internet access required to participate. To enter you will need to visit the Marella Cruises Instagram page and submit a photograph with the hashtag #MarellaByU. The image submitted is what you believe would be the perfect cruise. Therefore, you don’t have to have been on one. Only 1 entry allowed per person. No purchase necessary. No entries from agents or third parties or entries automatically generated by computer will be accepted. Incomplete or corrupted entries will not be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
5. Dates: The competition commences at 08.00 GMT on Thursday 22nd March 2018 and closes on Thursday 17th May 2018. All entries must be received by 16:00 on Thursday 17th May 2018.
6. Receipt of Entries: The Promoter cannot be held responsible for network, computer or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. The Promoter is not responsible for entries not received and/or any lost entries.
8. Selection of winners: The winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries.
9. Notification: The winner will be notified by a comment on their Instagram post after 16.00 GMT on 21st May 2018 with instructions on how to claim their prize. If a winner cannot be contacted or is unable to accept their prize, the Promoter reserves the right to choose another winner from eligible entries received.
10. Winner(s) details: Details of the winner’s, name and country of residence, will be obtainable after the 21st May 2018 by writing to Marella Cruises, TUI UK & Ireland, Social Media Manager, Wigmore House, Wigmore Lane, Luton, LU2 9TN. The winner may be required to participate in post-competition publicity.
11. General: The Promoter reserves the right to amend the competition in exceptional circumstances. All entrants agree to abide by these terms and conditions and the Promoter reserves the right to exclude entrants for any breach of these terms and conditions. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. Facebook and Instagram accept no liability for this competition.